Thursday, October 6, 2011

5th Graders are my life

For parent/teacher conference I had my students fill out a questionnaire type thing to show their parents. It was mainly their strengths, weaknesses, and goals with a few questions on the back. Below are some of my favorite answers :)


 Fifth Graders are hilarious. It is so weird to be teaching in Utah because being Mormon is really a culture. There are churchy things said all the time! Like be reverent in the hall and little quirky things like that. My ALL TIME favorite 5th Grade story as of yet is....


I gave the kids a trick following directions test. It was one of those that at the end they feel dumb because they didn't properly follow directions. I asked one girl how it made her feel that she didn't follow directions. She said, "Mrs. Bindrup I feel okay about it because I'm not perfect, only Jesus and Heavenly Father are perfect." hahahaha. HILARIOUS. I looked around like wow that was super awkward/inappropriate to share at school. Then another kid said "It's okay Mrs. Bindrup, we are all LDS here." hahaha (it was a small group of 6ish kids).
 Parent Teacher Conferences ENDED today. Yay! They were fun, but awfully long. I loved meeting the parents and talking about how awesome my kids are!! They're the best!

1 comment: